Saturday, September 4, 2010

August in a nut shell

Well, Elizabeth is doing very well in Kindergarten. Except for the one time she had to move her card to yellow she has only had green dot days! We are very proud of her. She seems to be ahead of schedule academically, but needs to work on fine motor stuff like coloring in the lines and using scissors.

Sarah Grace went to preschool orientation and I believe she loved it. She wanted to go again on Friday and today, but she only goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She has the same teacher that Elizabeth had her first year AND the same cubby. She had a friend from church in her class and I think there are 3 kids from our neighborhood in her class.

Cole is still adjusting to Elizabeth being in school. I am hoping that when Sarah Grace starts preschool he will really enjoy some time with just him and Mommy. It's been a LONG time since I've just had one baby with me. When Elizabeth started preschool 2 years ago I just had Sarah at home with me, but I was pregnant with Cole and had him in October of that year. Cole got his chin glued this week. We went to McDonald's after preschool Thursday and the kids were playing after we ate. Cole climbed up into one of the chairs and fell somehow and busted his poor chin on the bricks bellow. I being the weenie I am struggling to wipe his chin because I don't want to mess up the glue. He has it down his neck, but I don't want to pick at it because I don't want him picking at his chin. What's a mom to do?

Jonathan is away today at his first cross country meet. I think he was excited about it, but it was hard to tell at 5:45 am. His cross country kids have been working very hard and I really hope they do well! He did send me a text that said that they made it to the meet, but that he hit a deer on the way, but missed the turkeys. Apparently they saw some turkeys flying low and one of his kids said that turkeys don't fly. In the midst of the discussion the deer jumped out and hit the van. HE KILLED BAMBI!

I have been taking Elizabeth to school and going straight to the gym. Cole and Sarah Grace love having a place to go and I enjoy it too. It's nice to have something to do to break up the day and I've met some pretty great people there. I am 3 weeks in to my 3rd masters class and Shedd has started back too. I could student teach as soon as next fall. We just have to figure out how that will work financially.

Well, I talked about kindergarten, preschool, and Cole's chin. I think that's about all of the big news we have here at the Shedd house.

Hope all is well at your house.

No comments: