Thursday, October 21, 2010

Everyday life

Everyday when I go to work I get hit, kicked, stepped on, bit and even called a poo poo. I work 18 hour days and sometime a few hours at night, but I wouldn't change my job for anything in the world because I get to be mom. I have stayed at home with my kids for the last 4 years and as time for me to find a job (if all goes well I should student teach next fall) I get sadder and sadder. Even though I have LONG hours and don't ever really have time to relax I have thoroughly enjoyed most all of the last 4 years. Although they are not always little angels I think I have 3 of the best children in the world.
With that being said here's a glimpse of my every day life.
The alarm goes off at 5:40 am and slowly we roll out of bed. I make muffins or fix some type of breakfast for the kids. Sometimes I fix something for Elizabeth to eat when she gets to school since she goes so early (she's usually there by 6:45 because she rides with her dad).
I try with all my might to get them out the door without waking Sarah, but that doesn't always happen. Most mornings she's up between 6 and 6:30. We wave bye to Daddy and Elizabeth and we crawl back in bed for a few minutes of rest ( I rest she watches the Wiggles). When it's time for us to get up we get Cole and feed him breakfast. We get ready and on Tuesdays and Thursdays we take Sarah to preschool and head to the gym. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we go straight to the gym.
When we get home it's time to clean then lunch and naps.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays we pick up Elizabeth from school, so we postpone naps till we get her home. That way all the kids can rest. Nap time is my time to shower, clean and do a little school work. If nobody naps there's no time for any of that.
When nap time is over it's time to work on supper. After supper it's time to have quality family time for a while before baths and bed.
Of course there's never a dull moment here. The three little monkeys make sure of that and sometime routine is sometimes thrown right out the window, but that's our day. In between are times of giggles, cries, shouts, and of course whines, but somehow or another we always get through it. There are of course days where I watch the clock and wait on time for Daddy to get home so that I have some help, but there are other days where we are absolutely fine, but we still miss our Daddy.

No comments: