Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tinkerbell Cake

For almost a year now our Sarah has been saying, "I had a Tinkerbell cake. I was a little baby." She's never had one and she has prayed for one since last Christmas, so today we went to Publix and ordered her a Tinkerbell cake for her upcoming 3rd birthday. I'm excited for her, but sad that all my little babies are growing up.
We took Jonathan to the doctor and then went to get something to eat and we put Cole in a high chair. I thought about it and then told Jonathan that this time last year Sarah was in a regular chair. We talked about wanting him to stay a baby for a while, but with his 2nd birthday coming up I don't think that's possible. Truth is all my babies are growing up. That's a sad thing for this momma to admit. I want them to grow up and be men and women of God, but at the same time I want them to need me. I don't guess I can have my cake and eat it too this time.

No comments: