Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A fun day

Normally I would not call a day of driving to TN with my kids a fun day even if Shedd is here to help, but yesterday wasn't bad at all. We stopped in Decatur to eat lunch and go to the bathroom and Elizabeth was telling us about a friend who had pulled a tooth. She went on to say that it hurt to eat when you have a loose tooth. I asked her is she had one and she bent one of her bottom front teeth down to her lip. Sure enough it's loose and today it is still barely hanging on. I must however not forget to mention that her father tried to pull it while we were eating lunch at McDonald's. He would stop short every time because he was afraid he would hurt her. He does have a heart after all.

Once we got to TN we spent a little time with my parents before he and I headedd out for date night. We went to Murfreesboro to Red Lobster and then to the Vandy/Middle Tennessee game. Yes, we watched basketball, but we had fun. After we ate we were headed back to the van and Shedd went to the passenger side I of course asked if he wanted me to drive. He said no, so I asked what was going on. He said he was opening the door for me. I sweetly informed him that the last time he did that was on our wedding day. We laughed and then headed to the ball game. Vandy won, of course. It was fun. Then we went to Wal-Mart to get some stocking stuffers for the kiddos.

Everyone was sleeping when we got home.

No comments: