Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kindergarten, Driving, Weddings, and Babies

I took Elizabeth to school today and received her last preschool calendar. Every time I think about her being in Kindergarten I want to cry, but today I did. I'm sure there's much more of this to come with us touring Kindergarten next week and her final preschool program coming up and then her last day of preschool. I know for a fact there are many more tears to come in the next few weeks and then in August when I take her to Kindergarten for the first time. I guess I didn't realize that it would all happen so fast. All of a sudden it all seems like a blur and even though I stay at home I feel as though I've missed it. I know that I haven't because I've been here day in and day out in happy times and times I thought I really needed medication. But Kindergarten! Seems like her going to school should still be so far off and like a friend of mine said in her blog not to long ago I feel like Kindergarten leads to her getting her driver's license, going to college, getting married and her having babies of her own and it all seems to be happening so fast. It's not like my preschool days are over. I still have Sarah Grace and Cole to go, so you'd think I'd be ok with this and for the most part I "play it cool" like I am, but truth is I'm not! I never thought I'd be like this by Elizabeth since I had 2 more "babies" at home with me, but apparently someone told them it was ok for them to grow up too! Seems like yesterday I was fixing bottles and staying up all night feeding babies. Now I wake up at 6:30 am to the sound of Sarah Grace and Cole jumping up and down in their beds and laughing and I think about how blessed I am to have these 3 kids. I never asked for them. I never decided I was ready to have babies, but the Lord had other plans. He saw it fit for me to have them and I guess He will see me through, but that isn't making it any easier for me right now. I know that I am blessed to have them I just wish they wouldn't grow up so fast!

No comments: